I have a Dream
11 years ago when I first was instructed to solve a math equation I was saddened. When I got my first work book it was even worse. I realized the more homework you do the more the teacher will give you. I realized that Math was a waste of time. I realized that polynomials and trigonometry will never help me in life. Realizing I do not care about the square root of 169. It is absurd that I am forced to take math.
I refuse to take part of pre-calculus or foundations. I refuse to
be judged by my math mark. Being mocked by the teacher because I can’t add or
subtract fractions is not fair. I refuse of being turned into a mathematician
with all the homework I am given. I
refuse graphing everything I see in the textbook.
Why can’t we live life to the fullest? Why can’t choose our own
future. Numbers can’t
control our lives forever. Why can’t we just live without math? We
should choose our futures not teachers. Why can’t I graduate without math?
Let us live our lives without calculations, where we can actually
enjoy school. Let us grad with a smile on our face not a frown because of our
math marks. Let us go out on weekends instead of doing homework. Let us become
successful in life.
I have a dream that I am never going to do long division ever
again. That people will not just think of you as a bad math student. I have a
dream that math will be turned into an elective not a mandatory course.
I have a dream that one day this nation
will rise up and realize math is not important enough to ruin lives if its citizens.
Let freedom ring from the halls of Princess Margaret. Let freedom
ring from the gym to the library. Let freedom ring from room 201 to room 105. Let freedom ring from Wiltse to West bench. Let
freedom ring!
No comments:
Post a Comment