Wednesday, October 23, 2013

5 senses

My uncle called me this morning and told me to go check on my cousin Chris because he was out of town and my uncle heard Chris was in the hospital. I went to the hospital and I walked into the hospital waiting room desperate for some good news about my favorite cousin Chris. I sat down on the uncomfortable fold up chair and took out my phone. As an old lady wearing a nurse’s hat gradually approached me with her head down. In a sad tone she asked, “Do you know Chris” I replied slowly “Yes”. I could smell her latex gloves as she gently touched me on my shoulder with her cold skinny hand. I knew something was wrong. She had a lisp when she talked, but what she said next changed my life. “Chris was shot” she said, “once in the arm and once in the chest.” My head started spinning, all I could think of was all the good times Chris and I had together. “Is he okay?” I quickly asked. “No, no he is not. Chris didn't make it, I’m sorry.” I had a weird taste in my mouth, maybe it was because I was at the hospital or maybe because my cousin is dead. He was more than a cousin, he was my best friend. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment